This article contains a high-level overview of the exchange process in TCP. Further details about different types of exchanges can be found later in this guide.
1. Retrieve/Open the PNR, validate that it contains the details about the originally issued ticket and that the e-ticket is still open for use. The itinerary must be modified already (alternative dates and/or flights selected, changes saved).
2. Select the ticket for Exchange/Reissue and select Exchange Option. TCP supports 4 possible scenarios:
3. Review fare calculation details and Select Penalty type:
- To the fare (Q surcharge)
- No Penalty
4. Select Issue ticket to complete the exchange process and issue a new ticket, or Go to PNR to save changes into the fare quote and issue a new ticket later.